Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sometimes, it all gets too much

Hi Internet! I'm Katie, a young adult currently studying medicine in Australia. I work part-time as a barista, and have a pet parrot. My parents are still with me, and I also have an older sister.

My life sounds fantastic when I say it like that. It's not that I'm ungrateful - no, I realise that I could be rotting somewhere in a back alley with no family, no job, no future. But I have struggled with depression and anxiety for a number of years. I think that depression is such a terrifying condition. It's insidious and creeps up behind you when you're least expecting it. It replaces you with a zombie, which takes over your life without anyone the wiser. You look fine, but you're not. Luckily, mine comes and goes, but I can't speak for others.

This is a blog to sort out my feelings and hopefully remind anyone that you're not alone. I may sound stupid, everything may be irrelevant, but the me right now still hopes that everything will turn out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment